• 1 cup soaked Green gram or Moong dal/ Pesara pappu
• ½ tbsp salt and 1 chopped green chilli
• 2 tbsp grated fresh coconut
• 2 tbsp grated raw mango
• 1 tbsp chopped coriander
1. Soak green gram for an hour.
2. Wash it twice and strain the water and wrap in a cloth to absorb excess water.
3. Add salt, chopped green chillies, grated coconut, grated mango, and mix it well.
4. Finally add coriander and mix.
Nutrients in one cup of moong dal:
- Calories: 212
- Fat: 0.8 grams
- Protein: 14.2 grams
- Carbs: 38.7 grams
- Fiber: 15.4 grams
- Folate (B9): 80% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
- Manganese: 30% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 24% of the RDI
- Vitamin B1: 22% of the RDI
- Phosphorus: 20% of the RDI
- Iron: 16% of the RDI
- Copper: 16% of the RDI
- Potassium: 15% of the RDI
- Zinc: 11% of the RDI
- Vitamins B2, B3, B5, B6 and selenium